Thursday, August 8, 2013

Another Brick in the Wall

So I mentioned before that the little girl is obsessed with Pink Floyd. It is kind of odd for a two-year-old to love a 70s rock band, but she does, she tells me almost every day. I blame her father. 

We have known for a while that she always likes listening to their songs in the car, but it wasn’t until a few weeks ago we discovered she knows all the words too. Drew has been singing these songs to her since she was born and she has listened to them in the car for that long too, so I guess it makes sense. I just didn’t realize a just-turned-two-year-old was capable of this. She knows the words better than I do. A little side note, when someone asks her how old she is, if she isn’t being shy, she say, “I turn two,” and tries to force two of her fingers up to show them with her hands. She is so smart and oh so cute.

Her three favorite songs are Wish You Were Here, Another Brick in the Wall, and Comfortably Numb. A couple weeks ago Drew was singing Wish You Were Here and before the end of the line he paused, and she filled in the last couple words. He continued with the next line, pausing a couple words before the end, and she filled them in again. We were trying not to laugh as he continued through the entire song, and she knew the whole thing. Turns out she can do the same with the other two songs.

For those of you who don’t know Pink Floyd, at the end of Another Brick in the Wall a man says (speaking, not singing), "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

Drew taught her to say that but it comes out “eatdameatdahavedapudding.” All run together into one word. She talks about the “eatdameatdahavedapudding” song all day. She usually wakes up telling me about it and says, “That a good one, I lub Pink Floyd.”

We were out shopping at the grocery store the other day and when I pulled the cart up to the register to check out and she leaned over the side of the cart so she was as closer to the checker’s face as she could get and yelled, “eatdameatdahavedapudding.” Luckily the lady had no idea what she is saying. I just laughed and pretended I didn’t know either instead of try to explain it. She did the same thing to a lady at the splash pad the other day. Ran right up to her face and yelled, “eatdameatdahavedapudding.”


Anyway… that’s our crazy little girl for ya. I can't get the video of her singing to work on here, so you can watch it on FB if you want.
Photo by Courtney Lusk :) (she made me write that)



No comments:

Post a Comment