Thursday, July 24, 2014

Yellowpine or Yellow Pine?



So I was reminded again last week about one of the many reasons why Drew and I were meant to be. :)
 
As many of you probably know, the house I grew up in was located on Yellowpine Road. 

What you may not know is … the town in Idaho where Drew’s family cabin is … Yellow Pine. 

Growing up, each year for Christmas Drew’s grandparents would give all their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren a Yellow Pine t-shirt for Christmas. Yellow Pine is a big deal to the Morgan Family. Many honeymoons, winter vacations, summer vacations, and holidays have been spent in Yellow Pine by someone in the Morgan family. There is a lot to love about Yellow Pine.

So obviously, when I met Teralin and Drew in college and saw them running around in their Yellow Pine t-shirts all the time, I knew it was only a matter of time until I would have my own — after all, I did grow up on Yellowpine Road. 

Maybe it was the Yellow Pine connection that brought Drew and I to start dating, maybe not. But …
The first time I took Drew home to meet my family, we came into Prineville by Ochoco reservoir and instead of go through town to get home, I said let’s just turn on Johnson Creek Road and go home the back way. 

Turns out, Johnson Creek Road is the road that leads you to Yellow Pine, Idaho as well.  

See what I mean … it was meant to be.

Anyway, this brings me to the real reason for this post and that is our trip to Yellow Pine last week. We spent the weekend in the mountains riding 4-wheelers, eating lots and lots of food, listening to Marty Robbins, playing genealogy (ask me later if you want an explanation of what this is) and just enjoying the cabin.

This was Aubrey’s first trip to Yellow Pine, Sammy’s second, my third, and Drew’s hundredth :).





Just for fun, this is the view from my backyard growing up on Yellowpine Road. I have a picture of our street sign somewhere, but cannot find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment