Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer 2015

I am just realizing I didn't do a very good job of taking photos on our adventures this summer. We didn't really have a busy summer planned, but ended up doing a lot of running around.

We spent a weekend in Cle Elum, Washington with my parents at one of the vacation homes the company my dad works for owns. We visited Leavenworth, WA and did a lot of hanging out at the house since it was over 100 degrees while we were there. Drew and I played tennis for the first time since we were dating while there, and then tried to make it part of our weekly routine the rest of the summer. Mom and I also took a little bike ride, which was kind of fun since I haven't rode a bike in about 10 years.

We got home from Washington Sunday afternoon and 7:30 the next morning I left for girls camp. I got to spend two days with the Laurels I teach at church at a little ranch outside Stanley, ID.

I wasn't able to stay the whole week with the girls, because I had to be back to get the family so we could drive to Utah for my cousin's wedding. We had a good time at the wedding and got to see a lot of family. Sammy and I even boggied on the dance floor for a bit.




That was our really busy week of the summer, but after that we also made two trips to Yellow Pine with Drew's parents. The latter with Drew's brother too, who just got home from a mission in Mexico City. And my mom and I took the girls to Prineville, OR (the town where I grew up) for a couple days to see some old friends.



Other than those adventures we have been doing a lot of yard work and DIY projects. Here are pictures o a few:
Before
After

Drew and Sammy love the #eathemeattohavethepudding song, so I made this for our pantry door.

Drew built this mirror for me. Now we just need to paint the wall behind it.
Oh and a few other fun thing we did:
Ate lots of Otter Pops.

Sat on the counter and ate ice cream together.
Camped in the back yard.




So long summer ... see you next year! Preschool ... ready or not, here we come! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment